Friday, May 9, 2014

P2PU Webcraft course

Today is the first day towards a new Lawfulevil. I have taken it upon myself to learn a new skill and that skill is Web Design. There are many free resources on the internet that allow you to undertake such endeavors. The training tool I have decided to start with is P2PU or Peer 2 Peer Users which provides high quality, low-cost education. I can hopefully comment on that in a few days.

The course work I will follow is the Web Craft course backed by Mozilla. This is broken down into Webmaking 101 challenges. The first challenge is to create a blog and post an introduction, what course you are taking, what you hope to achieve by finishing it and a witty introduction designed to dazzle your fellow peers who are also taking this challenege.


  • Webmaking 101 - So far it seems there are 7 challanges that are designed to teach you how to Webmake? and as you complete them you post your assignment so your peers and possibly a mentor can view them. I have no idea if your graded, patted on the back or publicly mocked in the discussions but I look forward to the process. I do enjoy the fact that they want you to create a blog and document your progress. This will be a helpful reminder in days to come and could possibly help others.
  • I recently lost the sight in my right eye. My current job requires that I work with Hi-speed robotically controlled machines in a dangerous environment. I hope that by taking this course and further study will allow me to work out of my house or in an office. I plan on offering friends, family, companies I know and any non-profit business free services until I build a nice sized portfolio.
  • My real name isn't lawfulevil, Duh! Allow me to introduce myself...My name is Mark. I am a father of 2, a 14yo and a 25yo who will not leave the nest no matter how hard the parent birds push. I enjoy computer games, playing with photoshop, long walks on the beach and I am an Aquarian. I once read that more Aquarian's are locked up in institutions then any other sign, so take that as you will. The nick name lawfulevil is a joke because my wife says I always root for the bad guy in the gangster movies, yet I would hurt a fly.
Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and feel free to contact me at my junk mail Email address 

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I also just started School of Webcraft, and I am also wanting to learn coding because of a recent disability. If you want to follow my blog, it's coding-kiddo.tumblr.com.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll check it out and mention it on my twitter account. Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also just started School of Webcraft. Just curious to try new things.If you're interested my blog is http://charpke.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love-love-love-love-love your posts. I am in the same P2P course as you, and have read a few blogs. Yours is the first to make me laugh. Also, you bring up some great points in your next blog post. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Here is a link to my blog-in-progress: http://webcraftbrew.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark,
    I'm taking the same P2PU course. I hope you do well!
    http://1piccololane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete